Thursday, March 23, 2017

2013 (14,15) Chevy Spark Dash Speaker Upgrade / Pioneer TS-F1034R

After upgrading the stock radio, the next logical step is to replace the dash speakers with two way speakers. The LS model says it has four speakers and the upgrade to the LT models pro-ports to increase the speakers to six. In reality, the front speakers gain a tweeter, which is happening here. The speakers are now poly pro rather than paper and go from one to two way. They sound better now but as they burn in they will sound better and better as time goes on. The pictures should tell the story. In order not to cut any wires, I used the extension wires provided by Pioneer and added two plug in clips at both ends of the extension wires to convert to the original plug. I only had blue wire clips so I had to fold back the wire ends to double them before I clamped them on. Red would have been closer to the wire diameter. I also used the red wire pliers dot to smash the clip on. It takes some force to get the spurger to unclip the speaker covers from the dash. Since it is plastic, it shouldn't leave a mark.
Note: These particular speakers are 4 ohm and the stock are 8. In theory it should take more power to get the 4 ohm up to the same volume as the 8. If you are worried about running high volumes for long periods of time and generating too much heat, you probably want to replace the 8 ohms with 8. I did not have to increase my volume to reach the same level of sound as the stock after installation but your mileage may vary. I posted this mainly to show how to do the job, not to recommend these particular speakers, although they do work.


















3 comments:

  1. Thanks, this should be a big help, as my speakers are not working and the radio is fine, so next step is to take them out and have a look ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro you've been a great help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. I retrospect, I see I forgot to mention polarity. Always something.

      Delete